Darker shades tend to look better on fuller lips, but even those with thin lips need not steer clear from these bold shades. You can choose any colour you wish to wear but go for something that has a sheer finish rather than a block matte.
If you had been keeping up with your favourite fashion magazines and blogs, then you probably know that it’s officially time to put away your reds and maroons and embrace pink lips instead. Whether you’re into matte pink lipstick or you’re more of a sheer glossy girl, chances are, you’ve got at least a few tubes of fuchsia and rose lip colours in your makeup bag and you are still waiting to get your hands on MAC’s Candy Yum Yum.
Sure, we love pink and there are one too many options to choose from but wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could try a whole new look with each new lip shade? Below are a few makeup looks that center a pink lip. From coloured liner to rosy cheeks, here’s what you need to pair with your perfect pink pout.
- When your pout is super bright and pigmented, you don’t need anything else to complete the look. Use the right base and just make sure you have taken care of any unneeded facial hair, which may take away the pink lip’s impact.
- When sporting a metallic shade of pink, opt for a heavy lash look. At night time, go for the uber-glam falsies and daytime heavy mascara would suffice.
- If you wish to go for a super chic and quirky look, then there is nothing better than pairing pink lips with coloured eyeliner. Apply a matte pink lipstick, then finish the fun look by lining the bottom lash line with bright blue eyeliner and get an instant wow factor.
- To add some razzmatazz to your sheer pink lips, opt for a subtle smokey eye makeup. Leave the centre of your lids light and make the outer edges of darker with metallic shadow.
- Swipe on one coat of heavy mascara and line your waterline with white eyeliner to look fresh and make your eyes pop when wearing a hot pink lip colour.
- Wear the same coloured blush as your lip shade to get a feminine look with rosy cheeks. To get the perfect finish to this look, wear thin black liner and a swipe of a long lash mascara.